KeyScan products must be registered and their warranty activated within 30 days of purchasing of the product. This warranty is valid only for warranty activated products. It is extended only to the original end-use purchaser and shall not be extended to any other person or transferee.
Returns within 30 days to customers who purchased directly from KeyScan Inc., in continental USA only. Full unit's price refund if keyboard, cable, power adapter and packaging have no damage. Product must be returned in the original KeyScan box (no writing/sticking/taping on the box, it must be wrapped properly to prevent damage). If damaged, amount of refund will be determined according to damage. Units deemed defective may be returned for a replacement during one year from purchase date. Proof of purchase and unit's serial number required . S&H non refundable. Returns shipping charges may apply.
Extent of limited warranty
- KEYSCAN Inc. warrants to the end-user customer (Customer) that each KeyScan KS810-P product specified above (Product) shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for the period of 12 months. The warranty period begins on the date of purchase by Customer.
- KeyScan does not warrant that the operation of any Product will be uninterrupted or error free.
- KEYSCAN’s limited warranty covers only those defects that arise as a result of normal use of a Product, and does not cover any other problems, including those that arise as a result of: a. Improper use, maintenance, storage, handling, or modification; b. Software, media, parts, accessories, supplies, or power adapters or sources not provided or supported by KEYSCAN; or, c. Operation or other conditions outside a Product’s specifications; or d. Product is not used in conjunction with compatible computers, peripheral equipment and software. e. Product should be used only in normal indoor office environment and should not be used for life saving or life support equipment.
- If KEYSCAN receives, during the applicable warranty period, notice of a defect in a Product, KEYSCAN shall at its option either replace or repair the defective Product.
- If KEYSCAN cannot replace or repair a defective Product that is covered by KEYSCAN’s limited warranty, KEYSCAN may, within a reasonable time after being notified of the defect, provide either another product similar in performance or a refund of the purchase price prorated based on usage and other appropriate factors.
- KEYSCAN shall have no obligation to replace, repair, or refund until Customer returns the defective Product to KEYSCAN. In any case, full unit's price will be refunded or unit replaced provided keyboard, cable, power adapter and packaging have no damage. If damaged, amount of refund will be determined according to damage. Product deemed defective may be returned to KeyScan after RMA receipt by Customer. Proof of purchase and unit's serial number required. Ship to KeyScan on Customer’s account ship back to Customer on KeyScan account. Shipments should be surface low cost.
- Any replacement product may be either new or like-new, provided it has functionality at least equal to that of the Product being replaced.
- A Product may contain remanufactured parts, components, or materials equivalent to new in performance.
- If the Product malfunction is not covered by this Limited Warranty or the applicable warranty period has expired or has not been sufficiently established by appropriate documentation, then Customer will be charged for such service at the then-current service rates of KEYSCAN.
- KEYSCAN reserves the right to change its product warranty terms without prior notice.
Limitations of warranty TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LOCAL LAW, NEITHER KEYSCAN NOR ITS THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS MAKE ANY OTHER WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO A PRODUCT, AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Limitations of liability To the extent allowed by local law, the remedies provided in this Limited Warranty Statement (LWS) are Customer’s sole and exclusive remedies. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LOCAL LAW, EXCEPT FOR THE OBLIGATIONS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN THIS LWS, IN NO EVENT SHALL KEYSCAN OR ITS THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.You may have additional statutory rights against the seller based on your purchase agreement. Those rights are not in any way affected by this KEYSCAN Limited Warranty.
THIS WARRANTY APPLIES TO PRODUCTS PURCHASED, REGISTERED AND USED IN THE U.S.A. ONLY